After 18 months away from serving God’s people, Pastor Kenneth W. Blake being led by the Holy Spirit started a bible study at the home of Brother and Sister Haralson. By God’s grace, the bible study grew which caused us to move from the Haralson’s home to our current location. Encouraged by some of the members of the bible study group to start a new church, Pastor Blake sought of the Lord and God revealed to him what he was to do. After much prayer, planning, and with guidance of the Holy Spirit, Redeeming The Time Baptist Church conducted its first official worship service on February 1, 2015. Significant events in the brief history of the church are as follows:
- The first formal worship service was held on February 1, 2015. The praise team opened the service with songs of praise and adoration. 25 families became official members of the Church.
- The Men’s and Women’s Ministries became official and the Wednesday Night Bible Study continued to be a mid-week staple.
- In April, Our First Lady Venita Blake organized RTTBC’s first Church Fellowship, “Getting to Know Your Church Family” and also in June, “Blessing at The Beach on the Inside.”
- Our children were singing and dancing for the Lord along with reciting speeches for Mother’s Day.
- First Church Business Meeting in July.
- Our Evangelism Ministry under the leadership of Minister Eddie Robinson canvassed the community by sharing information about RTTBC.
- In October, RTTBC began Sunday Morning Bible Study and conducted our first Church Orientation Meeting.
- Activities in November included the Men’s Ministry first Prayer Breakfast, the Church Council first meeting, and Thanksgiving Baskets were distributed to the community under the direction of the Mission Ministry.
- During the month of December, RTTBC approved its 2016 December budget and applied for membership in the Southern Baptist of Texas Convention. Our Youth and Children’s Ministry presented a Christmas Program entitled “The Inside Scoop” and The Mission Ministry partnered with The Arrow Adoption Association and Foster Care Ministry to distribute Christmas gifts to needy families in the community.
- Several members of the Mission Ministry served at Operation Care in Dallas and provided service at “The Christmas Party for the Homeless.”
Future goals of Redeeming The Time Baptist Church are to purchase some property, build a place of worship, dedicate it to Lord and make it a house of prayer.